Friday, November 13, 2009

Tastefully Simple

Could you tell Chris wrote that last post?  Kind of cheating, but I was tired and he summed up what I had been chatting about pretty well.  Zumba was totally awesome and is definitely taking a place in my workout line-up.  And if you are trying to watch your weight, I highly suggest you check out fatsecret.com cuz it is my new obsession - easy to use and the exact tools I was looking for.  Plus if you have a blackberry with a 4.6 or higher operating system you can get an app for your phone.  Very convenient.

Tonight, Rachael (Rae Rae) had a Tastfully Simple party at her house.  Tastefully Simple is like a tupperware or jewelry or pampered chef type thing, but with food.  The food catalog is spices, mixes, and sauces that require only a few fresh ingredients to whip-up dips, drinks, baked goods, soup, dessert, you get the gist.  I'm not usually into this kind of thing, but the food was really tasty!  But the best part was how incredibly simple and fast it all was to make!  I arrived about an hour early and between 4 of use, we made 6 different kinds of dip, beer bread, apple cake (well we subbed canned peaches for the fresh apples cuz Rachie forgot to get apples), potato soup, and not part of the tastefully simple line-up: mulled cider, veggie pizza, shrimp cocktail, cheese plate, and olives in one short hour!  That is a fast feast.

My ordering strategy was to buy things that would be helpful to have around when I am in a pinch and need something to come together quickly.  I got a jar of caramel sauce cuz that makes a great dessert of just about anything, the beer bread mix and the wheat beer bread mix (big time crowd pleaser, especially with the preggo gals.  Maybe they are craving something they cant have...), the mix to make the onion onion dip since that is always helpful for unexpected entertaining, and a mix for parmesan biscuits.  It all arrives to my house sometime in the next 10 days, very cool.  So if someone invites you to a Tastefully Simple party, I would say go check it out.  I was pleasantly surprised.

1 comment:

mcm.hannah said...

The bountiful beer bread mix is my favorite. Add that to my christmas list.