Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Speaking of fashion, what did everyone thing about Michelle Obama's fashion choices at the Inauguration? Am I day late on this? Is she America's newest fashion icon? I sure hope so. I can't get enough of the coverage on it and adored both the lemongrass ensemble and that gorgeous ivory one-shoulder dress. However, I hope all this press for J.Crew doesn't make for even higher prices. Who is your fashion icon?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Here is my new 'do. It saves me a little time in the morning. New glasses, too.
2. I made Ina Garten's Wheatberry Salad - healthy and yummy. Rae Rae didn't enjoy, but I did!
3. I used the 5 clemintines I had left sitting in my crate to make the clementine cake recipe that Smitten Kitchen posted. It is super healthy and all the kids at work liked it. Beware, cake is a bit of a misnomer, this is brain food.
4. I booked a flight to visit my roommate Emily from college in LONDON!! Booked completely on a whim when she called on Saturday. The flights were so cheap I couldn't resist - $558 total cost! Blaze is also making the trip with me, I can't wait!! We will be there for two glorious weeks. Cheerio!
5. I am in Florida for work this week. It is a chilly 55 degrees - haha see ya suckers in Cleveland, minus ten degrees.
6. I hope everyone watched the Inauguration today - AMAZING! History in the making. I will always remember watching it in a classroom with relative strangers in Florida, where were you?
Saturday, January 3, 2009
So here is why I have decided this is a good idea, and if you know me, this reasoning should sound familiar. And for those of you who don’t know me, in “real life” I am in public accounting. I am an auditor. Please don’t stop reading my blog. I swear I am one of the nice ones! I have had people hug me at the end of an audit! And for those of you who don’t know much about public accounting, I don’t know junk about taxes. I get very busy in January through March because this is when most companies issue their financial statements and that is what I audit. Man, are you still reading about this? Imagine doing this every day, boring I know. So don’t be asking me any tax questions, we cool?
I have a point, and I am getting to it. Ok, so the dreaded busy season is fast approaching. I already feel chunky and with the exception of last year, I tend to pack on some serious pounds during busy season. It is long days of sitting, late nights of ordering in food for dinner, and leaves little to no time for a personal life let alone work outs. But this year I have a plan. And I think writing about it in my oh-so-public blog will keep me accountable. The evenings are unpredictable, which leaves me with the morning for working out. I have never been able to get myself out of bed, out into the cold, and into a car to drive myself to the gym in the morning. I hold those who can do this in very high esteem. But really mornings are about my only option during busy season. So here it is my grand plan: work out in the morning in my apartment. Easier said than done, I know. But these Power 90x workout dvd’s have 12 different discs so it shouldn’t get monotonous and it guarantees I will be ripped in 90 days.
Ok here is the kicker: I took “before” pictures! I will never ever share these photos, unless I turn out to be totally ripped at the end. Maybe you will see it in 90 days! Ha!